1 a piece of wood that has been burned or is burning [syn: brand]
2 someone who deliberately foments trouble; "she was the instigator of their quarrel" [syn: instigator, provoker, inciter, instigant]
- An argumentative troublemaker or revolutionary; one who
agitates against the
- The member of the college's Communist League was a firebrand who would launch a sit-in or protest march at a moment's notice.
- A torch or other
- The crowd cheered as a firebrand was tossed on the huge pile of wood to start the traditional homecoming bonfire.
The word Firebrand has several uses:
- A Female all girl band based in Leicester/Nottingham
- A piece of burning wood
- A person with a penchant for militancy in speech and/or action.
- A person who changes lives
- Blackburn Firebrand - aircraft
- Firebrands is a rock band based in Singapore
- Firebrand is a character in Capcom video games.
- Firebrand is a Marvel Comics comic book character.
- Firebrand is also a DC comic book character.
- Firebrand Games
- Firebrand is a video, web and multimedia agency and consultancy (Firebrand.tv).
- A sword that appears in Castlevania:Symphony of the Night, the Final Fantasy series, NetHack, and other video games
- Firebrand was a model designation for a cab-forward fire apparatus built by Ward LaFrance between 1959-1962.
- Firebrand is a book set in England during the 11th Century.
- Firebrand is a multimedia program that broadcasts television commercials in an hour-long television program, scheduled on ION Television at 11 PM. The term "Firebrand" may refer to the television program, its website (Firebrand.com), or its podcasts.
- HMS Firebrand, the Royal Navy operated several vessels named "Firebrand".
- CFAV Firebrand, a fireboat in the Canadian Armed Forces Maritime Command.
firebrand in French: Firebrand
Mafioso, Young Turk, agent provocateur, agitator, agitprop, beast, beldam, berserk, berserker, bomber, brand, brute, burning ember, butane lighter, catalyst, cigarette lighter, cinder, coal, demagogue, demon, devil, dragon, ember, exciter, fiend, fire-eater, flambeau, flint, flint and steel, fomenter, fury, goon, gorilla, gunsel, hardnose, hell-raiser, hellcat, hellhound, hellion, holy terror, hood, hoodlum, hothead, hotspur, igniter, incendiary, inciter, inflamer, instigator, killer, light, lighter, live coal, mad dog, madcap, mischief-maker, monster, mugger, portfire, provocateur, provoker, rabble-rouser, rapist, revolutionary, ringleader, rouser, savage, seditionary, seditionist, she-wolf, sparker, spill, spitfire, taper, termagant, terror, terrorist, tiger, tigress, torch, tough, tough guy, troublemaker, ugly customer, urger, violent, virago, vixen, wild beast, witch, wolf